About Tobias S. Buckell
Tobias S. Buckell is a New York Times Bestselling and World Fantasy Award-winning author born in the Caribbean. He grew up in Grenada and spent time in the British and US Virgin Islands, which influence much of his work.
His novels and over seventy stories have been translated into nineteen different languages. His work has been nominated for the Hugo Award, Nebula Award, World Fantasy Award, and the Astounding Award for Best New Science Fiction Author.
He currently lives in Bluffton, Ohio with his wife and twin daughters. He’s an instructor at the University of Maine’s Stonecoast MFA in Creative Writing. For more, visit his Press Kit. To see an exhaustive list of what he’s published, visit the bibliography page.
Tobias Buckell’s fiction and media rights are represented by his agent: Hannah Bowman.
20 years in the making, and the result of one of my more successful Kickstarters to date, It’s All Just a Draft is a collection of all my posts, articles, speeches, and emails about writing curated down into a single collection available now! [Book site and buy links]
How to get started reading my books:
Read a near future thriller: For Anika Duncan, a pilot in a future transformed by global warming, the world is about to get a little bit hotter. This is the first book in my eco thriller duo of novels, followed by Hurricane Fever.
Read a stand-alone fantasy novel in four parts about a land crippled by the use of magic, and a tyrant who is trying to rebuild an empire—unless the people find a way to resist. Cowritten with Paolo Bacigalupi.
Read a new stand-alone novel: Every day Jane Hawkins watches starships land from far-off places, bound for adventure. Villem Osteonides, more machine than man, has crewed aboard those ships, and he has a secret that will change Jane’s life forever.
Violent, poetic and compulsively readable.”-Maclean’s (Canada)
Read More Online and Support the Author!
How to Support:
Bought all the books? If you’ve read my fiction or posts here on the site or elsewhere you can support more of it, either with a one-time contribution via PayPal, or by joining my Patreon where you can get a story in your inbox a month for as little as $1.
Read the Latest Monthly Patreon Story:
- Two of Manny’s bodyguards kicked the door to my shitty, off-the-strip motel room door right off its hinges. I was waiting for them by the peeling door jamb with a taser.
- The first time I threw myself at the claws of the reaper everyone assumed it was a mistake. Surely, said the reapermaster, she must have stumbled into its track. Though, we’d all been taught since we could walk to avoid the great creatures.
- I came to town, as begged by telegraph, as speedily as I could to see about the problem of the women who’d all thrown themselves to death off Rushtown Gulch.
Latest Blog Posts:
- So this is a test blog entry to see if Ulysses is synched up to my blog. I’ve not been blogging much, but as I recently withdrew a bit from Twitter and Facebook in order to finish a novel and wrap up another really cool freelance project, I started to …
- I've spent a month doing my best to help my community and prepare my household for Covid-19.
- I had the honor of being the Guest of Honor at the science fiction convention Capricon in Chicago just a little over a week ago...
- This is too honest by far, and I wonder if it is perhaps unhelpful for me to talk openly about. Vulnerable is hard. But, I would have loved to have read this years ago, so let’s do this: I want to talk about how much I write, and my current …
- Over the years I’ve seen some writers who took the full time plunge express strong imposter syndrome and a sense of shame when going back to a day job. Sometimes it kills their desire to write because they feel like a failure. I don’t think biographies of writers emphasize how …